Loughshinny Nursing Home is a modern two storey purpose built nursing home on the edge of the picuresque village of Loughshinny in North County Dublin.
All of our 123 bedrooms are single rooms each with their own ensuite shower room. Each room is furnished to an extremely high specification guaranteeing comfort, safety & functionality. Our beds are fully profiling, high/low beds which can be adapted to the individual needs of each resident. We have encompassed a high-grade pressure relieving mattress that can ensure optimum pressure area care for all levels of dependency while at the same time promotes comfort. There is a nurse call system in each room ensuring that assistance is only ever the push of a button away.
We have a choice of dining rooms and a large state of the art kitchen that provides nutritious and appetizing meals throughout the day. A choice of seasonal menu is available each day and a wide selection of snacks and drinks is available at any time. We can also cater for any special dietary requirements that may be requested or necessary.
List of Facilities
- A comprehensive laundry service is available with all personal clothing items cared for by our dedicated team.
- There are several sun rooms, lounges and sitting rooms throughout the nursing home each of which offers it’s own unique atmosphere and ambience.
- T.V. is available in some of these rooms as well as in each bedroom. Movie nights can be arranged.
- A Quiet Room is available to be used by residents for quiet prayer, meditation & reflection. Mass and other religious services are also held.
- A dedicated Activities Co-Ordination Team offer a varied and beneficial activities programme from our Activity Rooms in Loughshinny. Please refer to the list of activities available in our ‘Home Life” section.
- Hairdressers visit the nursing home at least once a week and offer a comprehensive service from our up-to-date hairdressing salon.
- Visiting Health Professionals can take advantage of our Treatment Rooms which enable residents to meet their doctor, physiotherapist, chiropodist or other professional in a private and dignified manner.
- Entertaining visitors and family members is possible for residents in one of our meeting rooms where afternoon tea/coffee can be served.
- Access to Internet and computers is available in our Library. Internet is also available throughout the nursing home.
- Outside we have a large enclosed garden which boasts a wide variety of trees and shrubs with many paths and walkways to encourage our residents to amble through the garden at their leisure.
- The entire building, both internally and externally, is wheelchair accessible.
- There is ample car parking to the front of the nursing home. This area is monitored by CCTV at all times to facilitate safety and security.
We would like to invite you to come and view Bartra Loughshinny and meet with one of our Senior Nursing Team, at a time that suits you.